This easy colourful recipe is great for sharing with friends and family on a warm spring day. It can be served warm or cold and is ideal to feed a crowd.
For the chicken:
4 small skinless chicken breasts
100ml low-fat coconut milk
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
3-4cm piece root ginger, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ground turmeric
2 chillies, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
300g runner beans, sliced
300g green beans, sliced
2 green or yellow courgettes, sliced lengthways
For the dressing:
2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
zest and juice of 2 limes
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp fish sauce (nam pla)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Make 2 or 3 diagonal slashes in each chicken breast and lay in a dish. Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, ginger, garlic, turmeric, chillies and coriander, and mix well, working the marinade into the cuts in the chicken. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas 6.
- Put the chicken in a non-stick roasting tin and cook for 15-20 minutes, until juices run clear. Cool and cut into slices.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 3 minutes. Add the courgette and cook for 1 minute. Drain well. Tip into the dressing while still warm and toss. Arrange in a serving dish and scatter over the chicken. Serve.