Despite its reputation for calorie-laden dishes, a lot of Asian food is actually pretty healthy. This alternative spring roll is made with lean turkey that absorbs the flavour of the sauce – delicious and ideal for sharing.
Makes 20 rolls
Per serving: 62.7 kcal, 4.2g protein, 8g carbs, 1.4g fat (dressing included)
Preparation time: 30 mins
- 20 rice pancake wrappers, soaked according to packet instructions
For the filling:
- 200 g (7oz) turkey breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into fine matchsticks
- 50g (1 and 3/4 ounce) rice noodles, cooked/soaked according to pack instructions
- 1 carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- small bunch mint
- small bunch coriander
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime (or 2 tbsp bottle lime juice)
- Place the filling ingredients out in front of you in bowls. Take 1 pancake and place a little of each filling in a rectangular pile in the centre of the pancake.
- Fold the top and bottom over then roll the sides in to make a tight, cylindrical roll. Repeat until you’ve used up all the filling.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and serve as a dip.