Removing meat from your diet just once a week can offer endless health benefits. This tasty and quick low fat recipe offers heaps of protein and flavour – without the meat!
Makes 4 portions
per serving: Protein 14g, Carbs 15g, Fat 11g
- 1 green pepper
- 125ml (4fl oz) LighterLife Savoury Stock
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced/chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 600g (1lb 5oz) canned chopped tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper to season
- 250g (8.oz) baby-leaf spinach
- 400g canned artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- and chopped
- 4 medium eggs
- 75g (2.oz) pitted black olives
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan), gas 4.
- Dry-roast the green pepper in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the stock in a medium-sized saucepan over a moderate heat, then add the onion and garlic and cook for several minutes, stirring frequently, until clear.
- Stir in the paprika, then add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-7 minutes until slightly thickened, before seasoning to taste.
- Remove the pepper from the oven and dice, discarding the seeds and stalk, then add to the tomato sauce along with the spinach and artichokes, and stir gently.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and pour into a round baking dish.
- Make four holes in the sauce and crack the eggs into them.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are set. Once cooked, serve immediately, topped with the olives.
Lite tip: If you’re on LighterLife Lite, you can omit the olives and replace the artichoke hearts with an additional onion or extra green pepper.