If you’re trying to lose weight this Christmas, that doesn’t mean you need to miss out on the festive fun. Try these low calorie non-alcoholic Christmas cocktail recipes that will allow you to join the party whilst staying on track.
Lighter berry mojito
To serve in: long glasses
- Raspberries and blackberries (about ¼ cup)
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 cup of your favourite carbonated mineral water
- Half a lime (2 wedges for garnish and 2 cut in half)
- Take your berries and washed fresh mint, add lime pieces and mix well so that the lime juices seep into the berries and mint. (You could shake them in a cocktail shaker if you’re feeling fancy).
- Add the carbonated water, pour into the glass and garnish with lime wedges.
To serve in: teacups
- 2 cloves
- 1/3 Seville orange (sliced)
- 1/3 pink grapefruit (sliced)
- 10 ml Monin hum syrup (available from Waitrose)
- 65 ml blood orange juice
- 35 ml pink grapefruit juice
- 35 ml apple juice
- ½ cinnamon stick
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Put the cloves and fruit slices into a saucepan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the nutmeg. Bring to a low simmer.
- Serve in teacups and garnish with nutmeg.
- Stick in a cinnamon stick or two to decorate if you have spares
Mock champagne punch
To serve in: champagne glasses
- 1 litre chilled sparkling mineral water
- 1 litre chilled sugar-free ginger ale
- 3 cups chilled white grape juice
- Raspberries, to decorate
- In a large glass jug or carafe, combine sparkling water, ginger ale and grape juice.
- Serve immediately in champagne flutes and decorate with a single raspberry for effect.
For more tips and advice on maintaining your weight at Christmas, find us on Facebook.