Want to impress a special someone this Valentines Day but without the added sugar and fat? Try these fabulous low calorie recipes which are sure to win their heart – or perhaps just their sweet tooth!
These recipes are suitable if you are on LighterLife Management as they’re low in fat.
The main thing to bear in mind when making them is the presentation – heart shaped cookie cutters and pretty dishes will help achieve a cute, Valentines inspired look.
These are an exotic and delicious little present – they’ll look perfect in a pretty box.
Energy: 70 kcal
Protein: 2 g
Carbs: 9 g
Fat: 3 g
Ingredients (makes six portions):
- 500g pack dried whole figs
- 100g almonds (chopped)
- 85g dried apricots
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1tsp ground cloves
- dash of water to bind the mix
- 100g sesame seeds
- Pop the figs into a blender and break them down into a smooth paste
- Add the almonds, apricots, cranberries and cloves to your fig paste, along with a dash of water and mix well (use a blender if you need to)
- Roll the mixture into little balls in the palms of your hands, then roll each ball in the sesame seeds until well coated
This makes a gorgeous breakfast for your beloved – although it does require some blending, so perhaps prepare your whizzy bits the night before!
Energy: 141 kcal
Ingredients (makes one smoothie):
- 1 small ripe banana
- 140g blackberries and strawberries
- dash of apple juice to taste
- 1 tbsp of low fat yoghurt
- Chop up the banana and pop it into the blender with the blackberries and strawberries and whizz it well
- Add the apple juice and the yoghurt and mix well
- Pour into a pretty glass and serve immediately
These are so easy to make and require a minimum of prep time, so they’re to make if you have kids who want to get involved. We’ve made them heart shaped for Valentines Day, but you could do all sorts of shapes for other special occasions throughout the year.
Energy: 55 kcal
Ingredients (makes 3 skewers):
- 2 apples
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 4 – 5 strawberries
- Peel the apples and melon and chop up into big chunks.
- Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to make them into little hearts
- Chop the strawberries in half
- Thread all the heart-shaped fruit slices onto skewers and serve immediately