As well as being better for the environment, eating seasonal foods is the best way to enjoy great-tasting produce. This low calorie salmon recipe is absolutely perfect for those balmy summer days we’re sure to have this year…
- Serves 2
- 428 kcal per serving
- Protein 44g
- Carbs 13g
- Fat 23g
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 oranges
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2cm (1in) root ginger, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 150g-200g fillets of salmon, skin removed
- ½ tsp whole grain mustard
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- bag of watercress
- Grate the skin off one of the oranges using the fine side of the grater, then combine with the soy and root ginger, and season with black pepper. Marinate the salmon in the soy mixture for 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to hot. Line your grill tray with foil and place the salmon pieces on it, reserving the marinade.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes until the fillets are browned and sizzling. Then turn them over, baste with marinade and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the top is well browned and the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, juice the zested orange, combine the juice with the mustard and sliced onion, and season with black pepper.
- Remove the skin from the second orange and slice into segments, discarding the membranes in between. Toss with the watercress in a large bowl and serve topped with the cooked salmon.
For more low calorie recipes from LighterLife, click here.