- Serves: 2
- Per serving: 109 kcal
- 2g protein
- 23g carbs
- 1g fat
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Freezing: 24 hours
- 2 ripe peaches
- 85g (3oz) blueberries
- grated zest of 1 small orange
- 150ml (5fl oz) thick low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Demerara sugar
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the stones and skin, and then cut the flesh into slices or chunks. Divide them between two individual shallow flameproof dishes or ramekins. Mix the blueberries in with the peaches and then grate the orange zest over the top.
- Cover the fruit with the yoghurt, using a palette knife or spoon to smooth and level the tops. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to caramelize the brûlées, preheat the grill until it’s really hot. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top of the yoghurt to cover it thinly and then place the dishes under the hot grill, watching and turning them, so the sugar melts evenly. As soon as it turns golden brown and starts to caramelize, remove the dishes before the caramel burns. (You could use a cook’s blow torch instead for this step).
- Set aside to cool before serving, so the topping is hard and crisp. If wished, pop them back in the refrigerator until required.
- Always thoroughly chill the yoghurt by placing the desserts in the fridge for a while before sprinkling with sugar and caramelizing.
- Do allow the caramel to cool before eating.
- If you don’t have Demerara sugar, caster, golden caster or granulated sugar will work instead.
- Depending on the time of year and which fruits are available, try making this dessert with one or a combination of the following: raspberries, strawberries, redcurrants, grapes, sliced banana, kiwi, mango and nectarines.
- Try covering the fruit with 0% fat Greek yoghurt, which keeps its shape beautifully and tastes delicious, with a pleasantly creamy texture.
For more great tasting desserts, see our low calorie recipe section.
Interested in joining LighterLife? Our groups can help – We have expertly-trained LighterLife Counsellors that have been helping people to lose weight for over 20 years. LighterLife will help you to explore why you eat in the way you do so that you have the tools to lose weight and keep it off in the long-term. For more information, call 0800 2 988 988 or visit www.lighterlife.com