What better way to keep the chill off this Autumn than adding a bit of a kick to your cooking? Make this delicious low calorie Indian classic for a dish bursting with flavour and warmth.
This is the perfect dish to try if you’re on the LighterLife Lite programme, as spices are a great way to enhance the natural flavours of food without making your recipes any less healthy.
- Serves: 4
- Per serving: 213 kcal
- 43.1g protein
- 4.8g carbs
- 2.3g fat
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- 300ml 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 4 teaspoons tikka masala paste
- small bunch, chopped fresh coriander
- 1-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- Mix the yoghurt, masala paste and half of the coriander. If you like your curries a bit hotter, add a spoon or two of curry powder. Spoon out 4 tbsp of the yoghurt mix, cover it and keep in the fridge until later. Score the surface of the chicken and massage in the remaining yoghurt mix. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for as long as possible.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC / Gas Mark 4, transfer the chicken to an oven-proof dish and bake, coated in the yoghurt mix, for 45 minutes or until done. Ensure that the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when it’s pierced.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and keep it warm while you make the sauce. Put the reserved yoghurt mix into a small pan, pour in the juices that have come out of the chicken. Warm over a gentle heat, mixing the ingredients until they form a smooth sauce. Don’t let it boil or it may split, if it does, it will still taste fine but won’t look as pretty.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, scattered with coriander, and basmati rice (optional).