Now’s the perfect time of year to enjoy lamb, here’s a low calorie recipe you can enjoy with all the family.
Serves 2, 495 kcal per serving
Protein 56g, Carbs 7g, Fat 27g
Prep time 5 mins, Cooking time 15 mins
- 300-400g lamb leg steaks
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried or 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 asparagus stems, trimmed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 6 stems of Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- For the herby yoghurt dressing:
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- zest of . lemon
- Marinate the lamb in the juice and zest of the lemon, the garlic and the oregano, rosemary and mint for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a griddle pan to very hot. Season the lamb with freshly ground black pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside on a warm plate to rest.
- Keeping the griddle hot, cook the vegetables for 2 minutes on each side until they’re tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the cooked veg then serve the lamb with the vegetables and top with the herby yoghurt dressing.
Lamb steak cooking time, like beef steak, depends on the thickness of the pieces and how well you like it done.