Serves 2 607 kcal per serving
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 180g quinoa
- 8 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 2-3 cm strips
- 250g cooked smoked chicken, diced
- 8 baby cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 sun-blush (or sundried) tomatoes, finely diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dry-fry the sesame, cumin and coriander for 3 minutes in a non-stick frying pan over a low heat until they become fragrant. Tip them out onto a plate, stir in the chilli and nuts, and set aside.
- Wash the quinoa and put in a saucepan with 350ml (12floz) of cold water, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add the asparagus to the quinoa and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the asparagus is tender and the water has been absorbed into the quinoa.
- Put the quinoa and asparagus into a large bowl, add the chicken, the tomatoes and the spice mix, and toss well. Season with black pepper then divide between two plates to serve.