When the cold weather sets in, you might think that a takeaway is the easiest option but with a little forward planning, quick and healthy recipes that are even more tasty can be cooked up in minutes.
414 kcal per serving
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds 4 tbsp
- LighterLife Savoury Stock
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large aubergine, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 200g (7oz) paneer, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tsp curry powder small bunch basil
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan until piping hot. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and stir continuously until they start to pop (it can help to hold the pan over the heat rather than have it directly on the hob).
- Turn down the heat, add the stock, onion and aubergine, and cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and start to colour. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer and curry powder, stir and cook gently for 5 mins so the paneer is heated through. Check the seasoning, then serve the curry, scattered with basil leaves.