Keep your mind off sticky toffee apples and other treats this Halloween by setting yourself a creative challenge. Here, we give you some simple tips on carving the perfect pumpkin…
1. Choose a large, round pumpkin and use a serrated knife to cut off the top crown.
2. Using a large spoon, scoop out the seeds and fibres and discard. Then remove some of the flesh and set aside – these can be used later to make a healthy Tofu Pumpkin Pie (see below).
3. Then, take a marker pen and outline the face or pattern you want to carve on the outside of the pumpkin.
4. Use a small serrated knife and carefully cut out the face or pattern you’ve drawn. Remember to cut away from you to avoid injury.
5. Place a tealight or torch inside the pumpkin and replace the lid. That’s it! You have a Halloween pumpkin.
If you fancy doing something a bit more ambitious with your pumpkin this Halloween, check out Pumpkingutter, which includes online tutorials to help you create amazing designs.
Pumpkin recipe idea
Don’t waste the nutritious goodness inside your pumpkin. Instead, why not make this delicious, healthy Tofu Pumpkin Pie – suitable for Management clients and those maintaining their weight.