Spinach-stuffed jacket potatoes
92 kcals per serving
- Baking potatoes, e.g. Desirée, King Edward or Maris Piper x 2 medium
- Garlic x 1 clove, crushed
- Fresh baby spinach leaves x 1 bag
- Large carrot x 1, grated
- Low-fat quark or fromage frais x 3 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese x 2 tsps, grated
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Prick the skin of each potato and then bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until soft and cooked.
- Alternatively, microwave each potato on high for approximately eight to ten minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, put the garlic and two tablespoons water in a saucepan and heat gently for two minutes. Add the spinach and cook for two more minutes, until it turns bright green and wilts. Drain well in a colander, pressing down with a saucer to squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Chop the spinach and mix in a bowl with the grated carrot, quark or fromage frais and one teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- Split the cooked potatoes in half and scoop out some of the cooked flesh, leaving a little around the edge. Stir the cooked potato into the spinach mixture and season to taste with black pepper.
- Fill the potato shells with the spinach mixture, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and pop back into the hot oven for five minutes to warm through.
- Alternatively, microwave on high for one minute.
- Serve immediately with salad and broad beans or green vegetables.