Do you #MealPrep? The new craze of making weekly breakfasts, lunches and dinners ahead of time, filling our social media channels with lunch boxes and jars full of colourful food. Meal prepping has a plethora of benefits including saving money, helping the environment and keeping your weight on track, and Lighterlife Perks Partner Box Appetit has the low-down on how to prep like a pro…
Invest in good quality food storage
The last thing you want is the lid falling and your food spilling everywhere when you bring your left over meal into work. Invest in a good quality lunch box from #MyBoxAppetit to keep all those delicious meals from your fridge to work. Sleek, practical and durable, this lunch box will present your food beautifully.
Write out a list of the ingredients you need to purchase for the week and a have your management plan handy when you do your food shop. By sticking to your list you’ll also be saving money.
Set aside a couple of hours one evening to prepare your meals. If you’re on Management, this tasty and quick recipe is ideal for prepping today and saving the rest for your lunch tomorrow.
Serves 4 Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 50 minutes
- 100ml LighterLife Savoury Broth
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds a pinch of dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 x 400g tins drained pinto or borlotti beans
- 4 long Romano peppers
- 8 cocktail sticks
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Add the stock to a pan and stir in the onion, garlic, cumin seeds and chilli. Simmer over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Tip in the beans and continue to simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Cut a slice all the way down the centre of each pepper. Take care not to slice all the way through – you are opening it up to make a pocket. Remove the seeds and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 220c/200c fan/gas 7.
- Use a spoon to fill each pepper with bean mixture. Poke a couple of cocktails sticks through each pepper to help them keep their shape as they cook. Sprinkle feta over the top of each pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until they are soft and the feta has gone slightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole by mixing all the ingredients together and seasoning with a little black pepper.
- Sprinkle a little chopped coriander over the peppers and serve one per person with a spoonful of guacamole.
LighterLife Perks Members qualify for 10% off #MyBoxAppetit food storage with our exclusive LighterLife Perks discount code. To claim, login or sign up to our members area at LighterLife.com/perks where you will discover a host of great discounts and offer handpicked by us to make your life even brighter and keep you on track to your dream.