We all know that carrying around excess fat isn’t good for us, but there are a whole host of health benefits that come with weight loss. Here, we look at some key facts affecting men when it comes to their weight.
- Men with a high intake of trans-fats (usually found in processed foods) have more than double the chance of getting prostate cancer.
- The average man will gain half a stone per year by eating while watching the television.
- The chance of you becoming more overweight is 60% higher if your best mate is overweight too, according to a study by the University of California. This is because people tend to mimic and compare themselves to close friends – sometimes without realising it.
- When you lose weight, your risk of suffering from a stroke and developing cardiovascular disease decreases – as do your chances of suffering with asthma.
- By losing weight, you’re giving your pancreas a lot less work to do than it did before. This reduces your risk of developing Type II diabetes to almost zero.
Losing weight isn’t just about how you look on the outside – it makes a big difference to what goes on inside as well. To find out how you could lose weight with LighterLife, check out our website.